10 Signs You‘re an Offended Angry Fool:
“Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools.”
1. You get angry quickly.
2. You like to speak but you don’t like to listen.
While someone is talking, you’re thinking of what you’re going to say next. A foolish person interrupts frequently & won’t let others get a word in.
3. You want your opinions heard and understood but you don’t care to hear or understand others.
4. You’re not patient and lack compassion.
5. You’re quick to give compliments to friends but then you speak harsh words behind their backs out of resentment.
6. You can’t stand correction.
Even from those closest to you (and on the flip side - in being a friend to an angry fool you could be unwilling to share correction in fear of offense)
7. You take joy in vengeance, gossip and putting down your “enemies.”
8. You don’t spend time praying, worshiping, or asking Jesus to search your heart.
9. You refuse to forgive.
Or you claim you have already forgiven but hatred still lines the cockles of your heart. Sometimes you need to continually forgive. Jesus said 70 times 7- meaning over and over as many times as necessary. If you struggle to pray blessings over them, you haven’t fully forgiven them or you have taken up offense in your heart again.
10. You know the Bible but you don’t do what it says.
Maybe you’re always using scripture to prove your point but you don’t frequently ask the Lord to show you where and how you can apply His Word to your life.
Ecclesiastes 7:9, Proverbs 12:15-16, Proverbs 14:29, Proverbs 27:3-6, Proverbs 27:7, Ecclesiastes 10:4, Ephesians 4:31, James 1:19-22